A heavenly blend of irresistible flavours come together in our Cherry Pomegranate Bites, a luscious cherry filling, drizzled with decadent dark chocolate.
These little bites of joy are an indulgent treat best savoured straight from the freezer. Pure bliss in every bite, just the way we love it! Enjoy.
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition
1 Cup Coconut Flour
½ Cup Cashew Butter
1/3 Cup Rich Glen Olive Blossom Honey
½ Tsp Sea Salt Flakes
½ Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Frozen Cherries
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
Dark Chocolate (we used 70% Dark Chocolate for this recipe)
Cacao Nibs (optional)
- Add all the base ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until combined and sticking together.
- Using about a ½ tablespoon-sized portion of the mixture, press it into a mini muffin tray (alternatively, you can use an ice cube tray or a small square cake tin and turn it into a slice, then cut it).
- Set it aside in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In a small pot, add the filling ingredients and cook for 5-7 minutes until the mixture becomes like a thick, sticky jam.
- Add about a teaspoon-sized amount of the jam to the bases, then place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to set.
- Once set, remove it from the tray and place it onto a board.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top; garnish with cacao nibs (optional) and place it in the freezer again for about 5 minutes for the chocolate to set.
Cherry Bites are best kept in the freezer in an airtight container. Remove them from the freezer and let them sit on a plate for about 5 minutes to soften slightly.