Indulge in the ultimate comfort food. Rich and creamy with crispy bacon and crunchy dukkah, zesty lemon-lime oil, and crusty sourdough, what more hearty goodness could you ask for.
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Nutritionist, Mel Harrison.
- 2 tablespoons RG Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Slices streaky bacon, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions sliced
- Rich Glen River Salt
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 100 gm cream cheese or sour cream
- 1 tbsp natural vegetable or chicken stock powder
- Sprinkle white pepper
- 1 kg potatoes, scrubbed or peeled and cut into ½'s
- 2 tablespoons RG Agrumato Lemon Lime Olive Oil
- RG Bush Tucker Dukkah
- Place cut potatoes in 1 litre of water with salt flakes and stock powder
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart – 10 - 15 min.
- With a stick blender, slightly mix potato mix on high speed, add cream cheese (or sour cream) and parmesan, and blend until very smooth. Set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, set aside in a bowl.
- Using the same pot reduce the heat to medium add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not browned, add white pepper; stir until combined.
- Gently stir in the bacon and mix in with the potato. Bring to a very gentle simmer over medium heat; taste and season if needed.
- Serve in bowls and top with a sprinkle of bush tucker dukkah, drizzle lemon agrumato olive oil and a sprig of green.