Greek spinach pie is easier than you think!
If you had this before, you know it's no ordinary pie. Layers of crispy homemade garlic infused phyllo pastry and rich creamy spinach & cheese filling. The great thing is you don't have to precook the spinach with this recipe! You can use phyllo pastry if you don't want to make your own dough.
- 500g plain flour
- 10g sugar
- 20ml vinegar
- 210ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 800g baby spinach
- 5 spring onions
- 3 tsp dill
- 400g ricotta
- 470g feta
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine all the dough ingredients in a mixer with a hook attachment. Mix for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover & rest for 30 minutes.
2. Chop the spinach roughly and combine all the filling ingredients into a bowl. Mix until smooth.
3. Cut the dough into 6 even pieces. Roll each layer thinly and place 3 layers into a deep baking dish allowing the dough to overhang on the sides. Brush each layer well with olive oil making sure to get the sides.
4. Spoon the spinach filling and top with the remaining 3 layers of dough, brushing each layer with plenty of olive oil.
5. Cut off excess dough and brush with olive oil. Cut desired pattern and bake for 60 minutes at 190°C fan forced.
← Older Post
Newer Post →