June 04, 2018
Slow Cooked Beef Fillet w/ Zesty Citrus Salad
Melt in your mouth slow cooked beef fillet!Serves: 8
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Beef Fillet Ingredients:
- 1 x 1.5-2KG Beef Fillet, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Handful fresh Rosemary, Thyme and Bay Leaf roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. RG Bar-B-Q Meat Rub (Big Red)
- Huge splash RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- ½ cup Sticky Balsamic Reduction
Zesty Citrus Salad Ingredients:
- 6 “in season” Oranges, segmented
- 1 Grapefruit, segmented
- 1 handful fresh picked Mint, ripped
- 1 red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh Roquet
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Reserved beef juices from the cooked marinated fillet
- Lashings of EVOO
- 1 Dessertspoon White Balsamic Chardonnay
- 1 Clove Fresh Crushed Garlic
- Trim the sinew from the beef and fold the skinny tail end under the fillet so it cooks evenly.
- Mix the pepper, herbs, orange zest, meat rub, and olive oil and rub all over the beef fillet.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two.
- Preheat the oven to 80° C.
- Roast for around 3 hrs. Use a meat thermometer to check it is 60° C.
- Splash olive oil all over the fillet and brown on the bbq over high heat for about 5 minutes, turning until evenly browned on all sides.
- Transfer the beef to a clean baking dish, then pour the Sticky Balsamic over and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Zesty Citrus Salad Instructions:
- Toss all salad ingredients together and present on a large serving platter.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar or other container with a lid. Screw on the lid and shake the jar vigorously for a few seconds until the vinaigrette comes together. Use what you need for your salad, then store the rest in the fridge.