Melt in your mouth slow cooked beef fillet!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
1. Trim the sinew from the beef and fold the skinny tail end under the fillet so it cooks evenly.
2. Mix the pepper, herbs, orange zest, meat rub and olive oil and rub all over the beef fillet.
3. Refrigerate for an hour or two.
4. Preheat the oven to 80°C .
5. Roast for around 3 hrs. Use a meat thermometer to check it is 60°C .
6. Splash olive oil all over the fillet and brown on the bbq over high heat for about 5 minutes, turning until evenly browned on all sides.
7. Transfer the beef to a clean baking dish, then pour the Vercotto over and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Zesty Citrus Salad Instructions:
1. Toss all salad ingredients together and present on large serving platter.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar or other container with a lid. Screw on the lid and shake the jar vigorously for a few seconds until the vinaigrette comes together. Use what you need for your salad, then store the rest in the fridge.
If you are looking at this recipe on your mobile in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
Beef Fillet Ingredients:
Zesty Citrus Salad Ingredients:
- 6 “in season” Oranges, segmented
- 1 Grapefruit, segmented
- 1 handful fresh picked Mint, ripped
- 1 red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh Roquet
Salad Dressing Ingredients: