I have to admit homemade rissoles are my favourite family meal… Mum and nan have handed down this recipe through the years. They are so easy to prepare and super tasty… plate-licking good.
I have added a couple of things to the rissole mixture that my nan wouldn’t have, but that one secret ingredient adds a subtle boost of flavour to ensure these rissoles are a family favourite – our Blokes Black Brekkie Sauce! This gravy is seriously the best gravy in the world. All the sticky bits of onion and pan juices gets stirred into the rich gravy and you can’t help but pour it over everything. Enjoy! -Ros xxServes: 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1kg of Beef Mince
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Salt Flakes
- 150ml Yarrawonga Sticky BBQ Sauce
- 1 Onion, diced finely
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 2 Beef Stock Cubes
- 1 tbsp. Cornflour
- 2 cups Water
- 100ml Yarrawonga Sticky BBQ Sauce
- RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for Cooking
- Mix all of the rissole ingredients together until combined. Press the mixture into a ½ cup measuring cup and turn out to form 10 rissoles.
- Heat EVOO in heavy based frypan & cook the rissoles over medium-high heat.
- Once browned (5 minutes or so) turn and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove rissoles from pan reserving the pan juices and crunchy bits left in the frypan.
- Add the beef cubes with the cornflour to the pan and slowly add the water whilst whisking to prevent lumps.
- Add our Blokes Sauce and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the “floury” taste is gone.
- Serve with mash potatoes and steamed greens drizzled with our EVOO.