Yummy vanilla custard cream cake.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20-30 minutes
1. Mix Cornstarch, Flour, Egg Yolks, 75gm of Sugar, Vanilla Bean, and a few Tbsp. of cold Milk.
2. Boil remaining Milk in the top pot of a double boiler with water in the bottom pot.
3. Add egg mixture to milk and continue to cook until thick, stirring very frequently.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add remaining sugar and fold into the custard
5. Place one layer of puff pastry on bottom of a 9x13 inch (23x33 cm) baking dish. Spread evenly with custard. (You can add a layer of whipped cream on top of custard, if you like.) Cut the second pastry sheet into 15 squares. Lay the squares over custard, pressing down slightly.
6. Refrigerate cake for 3-4 hours.
7. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
If you are looking at this recipe on your mobile in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 500gm Puff Pastry Sheets, baked
- 200gm Cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp. Flour
- 9 Eggs, separated
- 150gm Sugar
- 4 Tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 lt Milk
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream (optional)
- Icing Sugar