Yummy vanilla custard cream cake.Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20-30 minutes
- 500gm Puff Pastry Sheets, baked
- 200gm Cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp. Flour
- 9 Eggs, separated
- 150gm Sugar
- 4 Tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- 2 lt Milk
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream (optional)
- Icing Sugar
- Mix Cornstarch, Flour, Egg Yolks, 75gm of Sugar, Vanilla Bean, and a few Tbsp. of cold Milk.
- Boil remaining Milk in the top pot of a double boiler with water in the bottom pot.
- Add egg mixture to milk and continue to cook until thick, stirring very frequently.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add remaining sugar and fold into the custard
- Place one layer of puff pastry on bottom of a 9x13 inch (23x33 cm) baking dish. Spread evenly with custard. (You can add a layer of whipped cream on top of custard, if you like.) Cut the second pastry sheet into 15 squares. Lay the squares over custard, pressing down slightly.
- Refrigerate cake for 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.