Salmon With Tomato, Basil With Garlic Aioli
Flavoursome salmon.Serves: 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 Salmon Steaks
- Salt Flakes and Cracked Pepper for seasoning
- 4 ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- Handful of fresh Basil
- 1 Red Onion
- Lashings of RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Splash of Verjus
Garlic Aioli Ingredients:
- 1 large Egg - room temp
- 200ml Wild Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 100ml Verjus
- Pinch of Salt Flakes to taste
- 1 Lemon or Lime squeezed
- 1 tsp. Mustard Powder
- In a tall glass or ceramic tall jar add the egg.
- With a stick blender start whizzing the egg until really creamy.
- Slowly drizzle the Garlic EVOO whilst still blending until the consistency is creamy and thick. Add the Mustard and Lemon (or Lime) juice and slowly add the Verjus whilst still blending. Set aside.
- Chop Tomatoes, Red Onion, and Avocado; along with roughly ripped Basil Leaves, toss in a bowl adding a splash of Verjus, a pinch of Salt Flakes and lashings of EVOO. Set aside.
- Add Salt Flakes and Cracked Pepper on the 4 Salmon Steaks and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat pan with a drizzle of EVOO. Cook skin side first at a high temperature for 2 minutes, turn and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Place Tomato Salad on each dinner plate then pop the salmon on top and pour the Garlic Aioli over at the table.