This deliciously warm and vibrant dish combines caramelised roasted pumpkin with smoky flavours of chorizo, garlicky sweet chilli, and crunchy textures of pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts. Enjoy!
- 1-1.5kg Butternut pumpkin, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 2 Spanish chorizo
- 6-8 Sprigs of sage
- 4 Cups kale, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- Drizzle of Rich Glen Sweet Chilli Garlic Dressing (for each plate served)
- ½ Cup Hazelnuts
- ¼ Cup ‘Pepo Farms’ Wood Smoked Pumpkin Seeds - Available in our Provedore
- ¼ Cup Rich Glen Yarrawonga White Balsamic Chardonnay
- Preheat oven to 200° degrees celsius.
- Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Cut pumpkin into thin wedges and place onto tray.
- To make the marinade add the Rich Glen Olive Blossom Honey, oil, paprika, salt and pepper together in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour ¾ of the marinade over the pumpkin wedges, making sure pumpkin is coated well.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, slice up the chorizo into small chunks.
- After 25 minutes, turn the oven up to 200 degrees, and add chorizo, hazelnuts, pepitas & sage leaves to the pumpkin and place back into the oven for a further 15-20 minutes until pumpkin is cooked and starting to caramelise.
- In a large bowl add the chopped kale and the RG White Balsamic and massage the leaves, then add the remaining marinade.
- Once pumpkin is cooked, add a large smear of sour cream to each plate, along with a drizzle of Rich Glen Sweet Chilli Garlic Dressing over the sour cream.
- Add the pumpkin & chorizo to the plate along with a serve of kale.