October 09, 2020
Rich Glen Hummus
Made with a handful of ingredients, this quick & easy to make dip is a creamy treat for the tastebuds. Made using incredibly fresh regionally grown chickpeas and a splash of Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), this healthy homemade hummus is great for dipping and can be used in sandwiches, salads and burgers.
Serves: Approx. 800gm
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
For the Hummus
- 2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas
- 200ml Wild Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Agrumato Lemon Lime Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs crushed garlic
- 1/2 Tbs salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200ml water (depending on desired consistency)
For Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 cup of cooked and drained chickpeas
- 2 Tbs RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200'C. Place 1 cup of chickpea's in a bowl, add spices & Signature EVOO and mix until evenly coated.
- Place chickpeas on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for approx 40 minutes or until crunchy and golden (tossing every 10 minutes to ensure they don't burn.
- Place 2 cups of chickpeas into high-speed food processor and blitz for 10 seconds.
- Add garlic, salt and Wild Garlic Olive Oil and blend on high for 1 minute. (It should be a well combined thick/chunky consistency)
- Add lemon juice and half of the water to the mix and blend for another 30 seconds. If you would like a thinner/smoother consistency, add the remaining water and pulse again.
- Place hummus on a plate and top with crunchy roasted chickpeas that were prepared earlier, drizzle of Agrumato Lemon Lime and serve with your favourite crusty crackers.
Can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1 week.