October 09, 2020
RG Dukkah Crusted Chicken w/ slaw
Spring has sprung, and we are celebrating the beginning of the new season with our take on a crowd favourite, the chicken schnitzel. A quick and delicious recipe that is perfect for a weeknight dinner with family, or a night entertaining guests. Seriously tasty dukkah crusted chicken, served on a bed of creamy apple slaw and topped with crunchy freeze-dried persimmons & sweet RG sticky balsamic.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
For the Chicken
- RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for pan-frying)
- 2 large chicken breasts (sliced on the diagonal into 6 schnitzels total)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- Pinch of salt & Pepper (to season flour)
- 4 eggs + 1/2 cup water (for egg wash)
- RG Yarrawonga Dukkah
- RG Sticky balsamic
- RG freeze-dried persimmons
- lemon wedge for garnish
For the slaw
- 1 large packet of slaw mix
- 1 apple sliced julienne
- 1/2 cup of chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped raw broccolini
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- OPTIONAL handful of freshly chopped parsley, coriander and mint
- 1/3 cup aioli
- Place chicken breast slices first into the flour mix, followed by eggwash, then finally dukkah. Repeat one-by-one until all chicken pieces have been crumbed.
- Heat a large frying pan on a moderate-high heat and cover the bottom with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Once oil has reached temp (oil should bubble when chicken is placed in) place 2-3 pieces in and cook until crunchy & golden brown, flip and continue to cook the other side for a further 3-4 minutes. Repeat until all chicken is cooked, placing the cooked chicken on paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine slaw, apple, broccolini, spring onion, parmesan & optional herbs and toss. Add aioli to the mix and toss again until slaw is evenly dressed.
- Serve chicken on a generous bed of slaw, garnish with RG freeze-dried persimmons, lemon and RG sticky balsamic.