Indulge in the vibrant flavours of our fresh tomato & garlic crouton salad. This dish is all about the juicy cherry tomatoes, crunchy garlic croutons, and that extra zing from our Basil Lime Thyme Olive Oil. Whether served as a refreshing entrée or alongside a perfectly grilled steak or chicken, this salad is sure to be a favourite!
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 2 Punnets of mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 Sweet baby capsicums or ¼ red and ¼ yellow capsicum, finely chopped
- ½ Large bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped finely
- ½ Packet of spinach leaves, chopped finely
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Rich Glen Basil Lime Thyme Olive Oil
- 1/3 of a sourdough loaf, roughly chopped into small to medium-sized chunks (you can choose how much bread/croutons you would like to add, but they significantly enhance the flavor of this dish!)
- 1 ½ Tbsp of Rich Glen Wild Garlic Olive Oil
- 250g of baby bocconcini, roughly broken into halves
- Rich Glen River Salt for seasoning
- Freshly cracked pepper for seasoning
- In a large serving bowl, add the chopped tomatoes, sliced onion, sliced capsicum, chopped basil, and spinach leaves. Mix in the Rich Glen Basil Lime Thyme Olive Oil to combine.
- Season with River Salt Flakes and freshly cracked pepper, then set it aside in the fridge.
- In a heated pan, add the Rich Glen Wild Garlic Olive Oil, then add the roughly chopped sourdough and toss to coat. Cook until it turns golden and starts to become crispy on the edges.
- Once it's cooked, remove it from the heat.
- On a large serving plate, add the tomato salad, then top it with baby bocconcini, the croutons, and another sprinkle of black pepper. Serve immediately.