It’s nutty, it’s creamy, it’s rich, it’s perfectly balanced, and it’s dairy free! Whats not to love? This amazing dessert is so simple and seriously has that WOW factor. Lemon maple sticky hazelnuts, delicious coconut ice cream, drizzled with lashings of our Lemon Agrumato olive oil.
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray and add the raw hazelnuts.
- When the oven is ready, place the tray into the oven and cook the hazelnuts for 5-6 minutes until lightly toasted, but still slightly raw.
- While the hazelnuts are toasting, add the maple syrup and Rich Glen Lemon Lime Agrumato Olive Oil to a medium bowl and whisk to combine, then set it aside.
- When the hazelnuts are lightly toasted, remove them from the oven and pour the Lemon Maple mixture over them, tossing to coat the hazelnuts.
- Place the tray back into the oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes until they start to become sticky, making sure not to overcook and burn the maple mixture.
- Once they are cooked, remove them from the oven and let them cool completely. Once cool, roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Add ice cream of your choice to serving bowls, sprinkle a generous amount of the Lemon Maple sticky hazelnuts over it, and then drizzle a little more Rich Glen Lemon Lime Agrumato Olive Oil, a sprinkle of lemon zest. Enjoy this beautiful, fresh, and easy dessert!