If you're looking for a quick and easy snack or dinner idea, try these delicious homemade flatbreads! We love our with cheese, or add your favourite toppings!
This recipe is also a fun one to make with the kids.
Recipe by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup warm water
- 4 tbsp RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil *all 4 tbsp to go into flatbread mixture – extra oil used to coat cooked flatbreads and top drizzle when serving.
- 1 tbsp RG River Salt Olive & Chilli
- 50g or a handful of grated cheese (mozzarella or pizza mix)
- Handful of rocket
- Handful of fresh shards of parmesan, you can use a peeler to form the shards
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt & baking powder, then make a well in the middle.
- Pour the warm water and olive oil into the well and combine until a dough starts to form.
- Place dough onto a floured bench top and knead until it comes together and is nice and soft (about 5 minutes).
- Cut dough into 8 pieces, roll into balls, and place on a wooden board.
- Cover with a tea towel and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Take each ball, and on a floured bench top, roll them out into circles – make sure they are nice and thin.
- Heat a grill pan on medium to high heat, and place rolled-out flatbread onto the grill pan. Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until slightly brown.
- Lightly coat with olive oil, sprinkle with grated cheese & River Salt, and place in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with rocket, fresh shards of parmesan, and another drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve and eat whilst warm and fresh