Ros' Early Harvest Tomato & Basil Spaghetti
- 500gm spaghetti
- 1/2 cup RG Early Harvest olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 x 580ml RG pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup RG Verjus
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- RG River Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- RG non-aerosol cooking spray
- Punnet of local cherry tomatoes
Cook the spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain, spray with RG non-aerosol cooking spray and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat with garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
Add the pasta sauce, cherry tomatoes, verjus, basil, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir until combined.
Bring the tomato sauce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once the sauce has thickened, add the cooked spaghetti to the pan and toss with the sauce.
Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the spaghetti and toss again to coat.
Serve the spaghetti hot, garnished with chopped fresh basil leaves, and more parmesan if desired.