Give your chicken the WOW factor in 4 easy steps with this easy Lemon Herb Chicken recipe ... made easier with a little help from our home-made Rich Glen Zesty Herb Rub, packed full of natural citrus, herbs and river salt!
Suggestion: ideal rubbed onto the skin of a whole chicken or add to the stuffing. Lovely on fish too!
- Add chicken and Rich Glen Zesty Herb Rub to a large sealable bag. Seal the bag, then combine together so the meat is totally covered.
- Then add to the bag, Rich Glen Signature Olive Oil and natural greek yogurt, again, gently combine all ingredients. Once combined, place the whole bag including chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours (it’s a light marinade that needs time to infuse into the chicken).
- After marinating, place the chicken on a plate, making sure to scrape off any excess marinade. Discard the marinade.
To Cook in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 180’C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chicken on the tray and bake for 30-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and onto a plate. Cover with aluminium foil and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
To Cook on the Stove
- Heat a large pan, adding a drizzle of Rich Glen Signature Olive Oil.
- Place the chicken in the pan, making sure not to over-crowd them.
- Cook, turning only once until they are fully cooked, 20-35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and onto a plate; cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Add a squeeze of lemon, a dollop of natural Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh coriander + parsley!
- This simple + tasty dish is a quick 'go-to' and perfect to pass onto the new chef in your family ... it certainly has the WOW factor!