Easy to make, delicious, and full of flavours: tangy lemon flavour, juicy blueberries, and creamy coconut work so well together.
- 1 cup Rich Glen Lemon Lime Agrumato olive oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 punnets blueberries 400g
- Icing sugar to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line a 23cm / 9 inch cake tray with baking paper and grease with olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients. This includes the eggs, Lemon Lime Agrumato olive oil and lemon juice. Whisk together. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients. This includes the almond meal, desiccated coconut, flour, baking powder, sugar and lemon zest. Stir through with a spatula.
- Combine the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold through until well combined. Add 1 punnet of blueberries and gently fold through.
- Transfer the cake batter to the baking tin and smooth out on top with a spatula. Scatter the remaining blueberries on top and push them into the batter so their tops are slightly exposed.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Poke a wooden skewer into the middle of the cake to make sure it is cooked. The skewer will come out clean if the cake is ready.
- Leave the cake to rest for 15 minutes in the cake tin and then carefully remove from the tin and place onto a cooling rack. Leave to cool for 20 minutes, dust with icing sugar and serve.