Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Cake with Cherries!
If you're looking for the perfect Christmas dessert, you can't go past our Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, topped with delicious seasonal cherries.
1/3 cup good quality cocoa powder (We love Nib and Noble)
1/3 boiling water
150ml Rich Glen Frantoio Olive Oil
4 x eggs
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 x cup nut meal (Ros recommends 1/2 cup Hazelnut and 1/2 cup Almond meal)
1 x tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 to 1.5 x cups frozen or fresh pitted cherries (not canned)
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- In a large bowl, mix cocoa powder and boiling water until combined;
- Separate egg yolks from egg white – place the whites in a mixing bowl;
- In another mixing bowl add egg yolks, the cocoa mix, Rich Glen Frantoio Olive Oil, sugar and whisk until creamy. Add nut meal, baking powder and mix until combined;
- Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add egg white to cocoa mixture and gently fold in until just combined;
- Pour into greased springform tin or oven proof ceramic dish and place cherries on top;
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until springy on top;
- Allow to cool slightly, dust with cocoa powder or icing sugar
- Serve with chocolate sauce, fresh cream and icecream along with beautiful fresh cherries in season. Enjoy!
← Older Post
Newer Post →