Hey garlic lovers, this ones for you! Try our garlic & Kalamata pizza recipe, with our home-made base. The trick with this pizza is to keep it simple with fresh, quality ingredients. We know you're going to love this one!
This recipe makes 2 pizzas.
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 1 1/2 cups luke warm water
- Pinch of caster sugar
- 7g/1 sachet of dried yeast (approx 2 tsp)
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Rich Glen Signature olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- Combine the water, yeast, and sugar in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes or until it starts to become foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add the yeast mixture and RG EVOO. Using a butter knife, use a cutting motion to combine the mixture until it starts to come together, then use your hands to bring the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic, then place it into a bowl that has been lightly coated in oil.
- Cover with cling wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes or until the dough has roughly doubled in size. Dust your bench with flour and divide the dough into thirds. Use a rolling pin, roll each third into approximately 20cm disc, and place on a pizza tray or lined baking tray, ready to add your toppings.
- Preheat Oven to 210 degrees celsius
- Place pizza dough bases onto lined baking trays or pizza trays.
- Evenly distribute pasta sauce between both pizzas.
- Add sliced Mozzarella and top with Rich Glen Kalamata Olives.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until base is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh basil leaves and a generous drizzle of RG Garlic Infused Olive Oil