Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
Everyone will enjoy these little decedent squares and will have them on their mind until the next time they are made. Hazelnut meal is sometimes hard to find in stores, so we make our own from locally grown hazelnuts (Happy Wombat Hazelnuts in Batlow). All you have to do is grind up hazelnuts in a food processor until they resemble flour! Enjoy! - Ros xxPrep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
- 1 ½ cups hazelnut meal + ¼ cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Murray River Salt Flakes
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1 cup RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 170 gm Dark Chocolate, chopped & melted for mixing
- 85 gm Dark Chocolate, chopped & melted for drizzling
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs, large
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line 8x8 square baking dish with baking paper, set aside.
- Combine Hazelnut Meal, chopped Hazelnuts, Cocoa Powder, Salt Flakes, and Espresso Powder in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Melt 170 gm of Dark Chocolate and EVOO in a microwave-safe bowl, heating in 30-second increments, stirring between. This takes about 1 ½ minutes total. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together EVOO & chocolate mixture, Sugar, Eggs, and Vanilla until smooth.
- Add hazelnut mixture and mix until just combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake for about 40 minutes or until edges are firm and centre is still slightly gooey. They are very delicate when warm.
- Cool completely in the pan before cutting or leave overnight! Once cooled, drizzle with remaining chocolate and serve!