January 29, 2019
Chocolate EVOO Mousse
I first came across a version of this reasonably healthy, rich chocolate mousse when I was an apprentice working with a very creative husband and wife team whom re barristers, but had a strong passion and love for fresh wholesome, beautifully presented food. The mousse has a smooth, soft texture with a super shiny finish. Hope you enjoy!- RosPrep Time: 20 minutes
- Melt the Dark Chocolate in the microwave in a large microwave-safe bowl on medium for 2 minutes, stir then heat for another 2 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Stir in the EVOO and set aside.
- Whisk the Egg Whites and a pinch of Salt Flakes until you have firm peaks. Set aside.
- In another bowl, large enough to hold everything, whisk the Egg Yolks, Sugar and ¼ teaspoon of Salt Flakes until pale, thick and about doubled in volume.
- Gradually pour the chocolate-oil mixture into the beaten yolks and fold gently to mix completely. Add a third of the beaten egg whites and fold in vigorously to lighten the mixture. Now gently fold in another third of the egg whites and, when that second lot is incorporated, fold in the final third leaving behind any liquid at the bottom of the bowl of whites.
- Spoon the mousse into 6 ramekins or 8 glasses. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and dessert is served… Enjoy!