Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 kg Beef Cheeks (4-5 pieces)
- Salt Flakes and either Native Mountain Pepperberry or Cracked Black Pepper for seasoning
- 1 Sweet Potato, medium-sized, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks of Celery, finely chopped
- 4 Australian Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Yarrawonga Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 Jar (110 ml) of Caramelised Onion Jam
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) Sticky Balsamic Reduction
- 2 cups (500 ml) Beef Stock
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Verjus
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Heat half the EVOO in a large ovenproof saucepan/pot over medium heat. Season the Beef Cheeks with Salt Flakes and either Pepperberry or Cracked Pepper and sear on each side for 3–4 minutes or until well browned. Set aside.
- Add the remaining EVOO to the pan, add the Sweet Potato, Celery, and Garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the Pasta Sauce and Caramelised Onion Jam and cook, stirring for a further 3 minutes. Add the Bay Leaves, Sticky Balsamic, Beef Stock, Verjus and Beef Cheeks. Increase the heat to high, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Cover with a lid (or foil), transfer to the oven and cook for 2 hours and 30 minutes or until the beef is tender. Serve with either creamy polenta or a truffle mash.