Indulge in this mouthwatering dish where chicken breasts are tenderized, coated in crunchy breadcrumbs, and fried to perfection until they turn golden and crispy and served atop a bed of delectable coleslaw,
A delightful treat that's not only delicious but also incredibly easy to prepare, making it a dinner choice that will be adored by everyone at the table.
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 2 large chicken breast fillets (about 400g each), each halved into 2 thin fillets
- 150g panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Plain flour, to dust
- Rich Glen Wild Garlic olive oil, to shallow-fry
- 1/4 savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100ml Rich Glen Poppy's Favourite dressing
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup currants
- For the schnitzels, use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until flat. Mix the breadcrumbs with the parmesan, lemon zest, and parsley, then season salt flakes in another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Dust the chicken with flour, then dip into the egg wash and coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Chill for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, for the coleslaw, mix the cabbage, carrot, and red onion in a bowl with enough poppys dressing to bind. Set aside at room temperature for 20-30 minutes to soften.
- Heat Wild Garlic Olive Oil in a frypan over medium heat and, in batches, cook the schnitzels for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on a paper towel and keep warm.
- Toss the coleslaw with the parsley and currants, then pile onto plates with the schnitzels and serve with lemon wedges and an extra drizzle of Poppy's Favourite dressing.