Serve on bruschetta, pasta or with salad leaves... a great vegetarian dish.Serves: 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Splash of RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Onion, roasted whole in the oven or until softened (180C for 45 mins)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely crushed
- 2 Red Capsicums, roasted and skin removed
- 2 tbsp. baby Capers
- 1 Eggplant, sliced thickly
- 2 tbsp. chopped and pitted Olives
- Handful chopped Basil Leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp Sticky Balsamic Reduction
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brush eggplant with EVOO and either place on a lined oven tray and bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until softened and cooked, or grill on the barbeque or chargrill plate.
- Remove and drizzle with Sticky Balsamic.
- Set aside until cooled.
- Dice onion, capsicum, and eggplant.
- Heat a little EVOO in a pan and fry garlic briefly, then add onion, capsicum and eggplant, followed by capers, olives and torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle with Sticky Balsamic and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Caponata can be served on bruschetta, pasta or with salad leaves, and it's also perfect as a side with roasted chicken, pork or beef.