Serve on bruschetta, pasta or with salad leaves...
a great vegetarian dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
1. Brush eggplant with EVOO and either place on a lined oven tray and bake at 180C for 30 minutes or until softened and cooked, or grill on barbeque or chargrill plate.
2. Remove and drizzle with vercotto.
3. Set aside until cooled.
4. Dice onion, capsicum, and eggplant.
5. Heat a little EVOO in a pan and fry garlic briefly, then add onion, capsicum and eggplant, followed by capers, olives and torn basil leaves.
6. Drizzle with vercotto and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
7. Caponata can be served on bruschetta, pasta or with salad leaves, and it's also perfect as a side with roasted chicken, pork or beef.
- Splash of Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”)
- 1 Onion, roasted whole in the oven or until softened (180C for 45 mins)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely crushed
- 2 Red Capsicums, roasted and skin removed
- 2 tbsp. baby Capers
- 1 Eggplant, sliced thickly
- 2 tbsp. chopped and pitted Olives
- Handful chopped Basil Leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp RG Vercotto
- Salt and Pepper to taste