There's not much better in life than a good sausage roll.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
3. Combine beef mince, sausage mince, onion, carrot, zucchini, apple, herbs, sauce and relish in a large bowl.
4. Beat 1 egg and add to mince mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions.
6. Lay a sheet of pastry on a flat surface. Cut sheet in half horizontally. Spoon 1/8 of the mince mixture down along the long side of one pastry half, shaping mince into a long sausage shape.
7. Beat remaining egg and brush opposite long edge.
8. Roll up pastry to enclose filling, finishing seam side down. Brush top of log with beaten egg.
9. Place roll, seam side down on prepared tray, 2 cm apart. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
10. Repeat with remaining mince mixture, pastry and beaten egg.
11. Bake for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 180C, and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Serve with our Farmgate Tomato Sauce or Nana’s Tomato Relish.
If you are looking at this recipe on your mobile in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 400gm Sausage Mince
- 200gm Premium Beef Mince
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- 1 medium Zucchini, grated
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh mixed herbs or Parsley, chopped
- 100 ml Blokes Black Brekkie Sauce
- 180gm of Nana’s Relish
- 100gm packet Deb Instant Mash Potato
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 20gm Sunflower Seeds
- 4 sheets of Puff Pastry, semi thawed