August 14, 2017
There's not much better in life than a good sausage roll.Serves: 6-8
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 400gm Sausage Mince
- 200gm Premium Beef Mince
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- 1 medium Zucchini, grated
- 1 Apple, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh mixed herbs or Parsley, chopped
- 100 ml Yarrawonga Sticky BBQ Sauce
- 180gm of Nana’s Tomato Relish
- 100gm packet Deb Instant Mash Potato
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 20gm Sunflower Seeds
- 4 sheets of Puff Pastry, semi thawed
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine beef mince, sausage mince, onion, carrot, zucchini, apple, herbs, deb potato, sauce and relish in a large bowl.
- Beat 1 egg and add to mince mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Lay a sheet of pastry on a flat surface. Cut sheet in half horizontally. Spoon 1/8 of the mince mixture down along the long side of one pastry half, shaping mince into a long sausage shape.
- Beat remaining egg and brush opposite long edge.
- Roll up pastry to enclose filling, finishing seam side down. Brush top of log with beaten egg.
- Place roll, seam side down on prepared tray, 2 cm apart. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Repeat with remaining mince mixture, pastry and beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 180C, and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with our Farmgate Tomato Sauce or Nana’s Tomato Relish.