Packed with the rich sweetness and delightful texture of dried fruits, this date and apricot loaf makes for the perfect companion to your morning coffee, or add it to a cheese platter for some nutty, fruity goodness.
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 10 Dates, pitted
- 10 Natural Dried Apricots
- ¼ Cup Hazelnut Butter
- 2 Tsp Rich Glen Lemon Lime Agrumato Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Pepita Seeds,
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- ½ Cup Slivered Almonds
- ¼ Cup Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ Cup Pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Hemp Seeds
- Desiccated Coconut, for rolling
- To a food processor, add the dates, apricots, nut butter, and Rich Glen Lemon Lime Agrumato Oil, and blend until well combined.
- Heat a large pan and add all the seeds & nuts and toast until lightly golden. It only takes a few minutes, so be careful to watch them.
- Let the nuts & seeds cool slightly, then add the date and apricot mixture and fold through until all the mixture and seeds have come together in a sticky clump.
- Place onto some baking paper and roll/shape into a long log.
- Coat in desiccated coconut, then roll in baking paper and place in the fridge to harden for about 45 minutes.
- Once hard, cut into rounds and serve and enjoy.
*The rounds can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.