These no-bake monster Halloween balls are the perfect Halloween sweet treat – easy to make, ridiculously delicious and super fun to decorate. A yummy orange twist with our Orange Citrus Zest olive oil. Make these ones with the kiddies, they'll love creating their own Spooky monsters!
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 12 Medjool Dates, seeds removed
- ½ Cut Hazelnuts
- ¼ Cut Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Hazelnut Butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
- 1 Tsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 100-150g Chocolate, for this recipe we used 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Rich Glen Orange Citrus Zest Oil
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Lolly Eyes
- Line a tray with baking paper and set it aside.
- Place the dates, hazelnuts, coconut, nut butter, cacao powder, and maple syrup into a food processor and blend until combined and slightly sticky. You want the mixture to hold together.
- Take about 1 tablespoon-sized portions of the mixture and roll them into balls, then place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Put the tray into the fridge for about 30 minutes to set, and for about 10 minutes in the freezer to make them nice and cold for the melted chocolate.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and place it into a double boiler (or a bowl, and place it into the microwave). Stir until it just melts. Add in the Rich Glen Orange Citrus Zest Olive Oil, stir again, and then remove it from the heat.
- Take the hazelnut balls from the freezer and, using a skewer, poke the centre of each ball to help it stay in place. Dip half of each ball into the chocolate and then carefully remove the skewer and place the balls back onto the tray. Do this for about one-third of the chocolate balls. Then add the candy eyes to decorate.
- For another one-third, you can cover them in chocolate sprinkles and add eyes, or drizzle melted chocolate over them to make them look like mummies. The decoration options are endless - just make sure to have FUN with the kids!
- Place them back into the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set, enjoy your spooky treats!