Zucchini…. I love this vegetable! One day they look ready to be picked, and if you miss a couple of days, they become humongous! When you have them in abundance, make these to have with homemade soup, for the kids' lunchboxes, or perfect for breaky on the run.
You can swap or add a few ingredients to the recipe like your favourite cheese, spinach, corn, ham, jalapeno peppers, etc… Yum.
I usually make two batches and freeze some for quick snacks during the week. A few seconds in the microwave and they are as good as freshly made.
- 360gm self-rising Flour
- 1 tsp Salt Flakes
- Fresh ground Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 large or 2 small Egg
- 2 Zucchini, grated
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Spring Onion
- Handful fresh chopped Thyme
- Preheat oven 170˚C. Grease and line 12 cup muffin tray.
- Combine Flour, Salt, and Pepper. Whisk around in the bowl to aerate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Milk, Egg, and EVOO and lightly fold into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Stir in the Zucchini, Cheddar Cheese, Spring Onion, Thyme, and any other ingredients you desire.
- Spoon into muffin pans (about 3/4 full) and bake for 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.