Try this tasty and simple bowl of comfort food ... everyone will want to know your secret ingredient! Rich Glen Yarrawonga Splash vinaigrette has no sugar, just naturally sweetened with Olive Blossom Honey from our Rich Glen olive grove, and is absolutely moreish on crispy roasted garlic and potatoes, green beans tossed with warm quinoa and shredded kale ... top it off with a lovely crunch of RG Yarrawonga Dukkah. 'Seconds', will be a must!!
- 2 -3 large (400g) red potatoes, leave skin on and chop into 2cm chunks (approx 3 cups)
- 350g green beans, trimmed and chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 3 large whole garlic cloves (leave skin incl. during cooking process)
- 2 tblsp RG extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Murray River Salt Flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup (200 g) uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup finely chopped kale, silverbeet, or spinach
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 375mL Yarrawonga Splash Vinaigrette (aka dressing)
- 1/4 cup RG Yarrawonga Dukkah
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line with baking paper.
- Place the chopped potatoes, green beans, and garlic cloves onto the baking sheet. Toss with the RG EVOO and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip before continuing to roast for about 15 more minutes until the potatoes and beans are tender and golden brown.
- Cook the quinoa with 2 cups of salted water. Cover and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, drizzle with RG EVOO and leave the lid on to keep warm.
- When the vegetables are finished roasting, trim the end off each garlic clove and push the roasted garlic out. Mash the garlic with a fork, then fold it into the quinoa.
- Spoon the potatoes and beans into a large serving bowl. Now add the quinoa along with the kale and spring onions.
- Pour all of the Yarrawonga Splash Vinaigrette dressing onto the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Season with Murray River Salt Flakes and pepper (to taste) and add some crunch with RG Yarrawonga Dukkah and sliced avocado. Serve immediately.
To boost the protein, try adding some warmed & cubed roast chicken or some Aussie chickpeas (for extra flavour, gently brown them off in a skillet with a mini splash of RG EVOO)