June 06, 2018
Winter Salad w/ Prosciutto & Dried Pears
A touch of honey in the vinaigrette brings out the natural sweetness in the roasted vegetables. Enjoy for lunch on a cold winter’s day.Serves: 4
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- 1.5kg of Seasonal Winter Vegetables such as Potato, Carrot, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, & Beetroot
- 1 cup Verjus
- 150gm fresh Rocket
- 100gm Dried Pears
- 100GM Prosciutto
- 60gm Bush Tucker Dukkah
- 150gm Tolpuddle Goat Curd - available in our Farmgate Store in 300gm tubs
- RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Yarrawonga Splash Vinaigrette
- Murray River Salt Flakes & Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 285°C degrees.
- Reconstitute pears in Verjus in the microwave in a bowl, covered, for 4 minutes on defrost setting.
- Drain pears from Verjus and allow to dry for 30 minutes on baking paper reserving juices for roasting vegetables.
- Pull apart the Goat Curd into rough pieces onto a dinner plate, drizzle with EVOO and set aside.
- Roughly cut all vegetables separating the root vegetables as the cooking time will be longer.
- In a roasting dish, drizzle EVOO on the root vegetables, sprinkle Salt Flakes & Cracked Pepper and toss.
- Add the remaining Verjus from the pears and roast for 30 minutes or until caramelised and nearly soft.
- Remove from oven and add Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, Broccoli, and the reconstituted Pears cut in half.
- Return to the oven and cook another 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Place well-washed rocket on a large serving platter. Toss all vegetable and pears and place onto the rocket.
- Top with Prosciutto, Goat Curd, lashings of Yarrawonga Splash Vinaigrette and Bush Tucker Dukkah.