When you need a quick weeknight dinner option, stuffed peppers are here for you.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20-30 minutes
1. Cook the rice as you normally do and leave to one side.
2. Soften the onions in a large pan.
3. Add the diced celery.
4. Add the pork and stir in well allowing to colour.
5. Add Garlic, Pasta Sauce, dried Oregano, Smoked Paprika and stir and cook the mixture together for a few minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Add the vegetable stock, stir in well and allow to reduce by about half.
8. While the mixture is reducing, cut the top off the peppers, about 3 cm down, and scoop out any seeds.
9. When the pan mixture has reduced, mix in the rice and then stuff the peppers with the mix.
10. Drizzle with lashings of EVOO and grated cheese.
11. Bake in a medium hot oven for about 30-60 minutes, enough for the peppers to colour and soften.
If you are looking at this recipe on a mobile device in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 50ml Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 200g long grain Rice
- 6 large Red Peppers (or yellow or a mixture of both), cut top off and deseed.
- 3 Onions, diced
- 2 Celery sticks, diced
- 300g Pork, mince
- 2 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Jar of RG Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml carton of Vegetable Stock
Murray River Salt Flakes & freshly ground Black Pepper
- 50gm grated Cheese