June 06, 2018
When you need a quick weeknight dinner option, stuffed peppers are here for you.Serves: 4-6
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 20-30 minutes
- 50ml RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 200g long grain Rice
- 6 large Red Peppers (or yellow or a mixture of both), cut top off and deseed.
- 3 Onions, diced
- 2 Celery sticks, diced
- 300g Pork, mince
- 2 tsp. dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Jar of Yarrawonga Pasta Sauce
- 3 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 500ml carton of Vegetable Stock
- Salt Flakes & freshly ground Black Pepper
- 50gm grated Cheese
- Cook the rice as you normally do and leave to one side.
- Soften the onions in a large pan.
- Add the diced celery.
- Add the pork and stir in well allowing to colour.
- Add Garlic, Pasta Sauce, dried Oregano, Smoked Paprika and stir and cook the mixture together for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable stock, stir in well and allow to reduce by about half.
- While the mixture is reducing, cut the top off the peppers, about 3 cm down, and scoop out any seeds.
- When the pan mixture has reduced, mix in the rice and then stuff the peppers with the mix.
- Drizzle with lashings of EVOO and grated cheese.
- Bake in a medium hot oven for about 30-60 minutes, enough for the peppers to colour and soften.