August 13, 2020
Vegan EVOO Peanut Butter Biscuits
These crunchy biscuits are a decadent treat for peanut butter lovers. They come together in no time at all and more importantly, taste great!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10-12 minutes
Yield: 15 Biscuits
- 2 cups of Pastry Flour, helps the cookies with their chewiness
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter, I use 99th Monkey: Unsalted Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter available from our Provedore Shop
- 1/3 cup of Roasted Peanuts
- 1/3 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup of Maple Syrup
- Generous pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Paste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Combine flour, salt, peanuts and baking soda in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix the EVOO, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla paste until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until only just combined.
- Put aside for a few minutes, and then give the mixture 1 or 2 last folds with a spatula. It should be a soft, loose dough.
- Go ahead and spoon large tablespoons into your hand and roll gently until forming a ball.
- Place onto baking paper and push down on the top of the biscuits very lightly.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes at 180 degrees C, better to be under than over if you like them chewy, or until golden brown on top.
- Take cookies off the tray immediately and place onto a cooling rack to ensure they don't continue to cook.