The humble ANZAC biscuit... With its extended shelf life and a small list of ingredients, ANZACs are a biscuit of survival and resilience, making them the perfect comfort food for all!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 15-18 Biscuits
- 1 1/4 cup of plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup of RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Place oats, coconut, flour, and sugar into a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, golden syrup, and lastly EVOO. Once combined, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until a nice sticky dough is created.
- Lay some baking paper on a baking tray, and roll the dough into small balls, you should get around 20 biscuits place them onto a baking tray, and push them down slightly until they are approx. 1cm thick. Make sure you space them out or you will be left with one big ANZAC biscuit!
- Bake until golden brown, approx. 15 mins, and place on a baking rack to cool.