Vegan Chewy Gooey Cookies
These vegan chewy chocolate chip cookies have the combination of crisp edges and a melt in your mouth soft centre. The olive oil adds a delicious rich depth of flavour. These cookies are so good you'll forget they're vegan!
Recipe by Hoda Alzubaidi - The Great Australian Bake Off.
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Signature extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Cups plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 180G chopped chocolate
- Whisk together Olive oil, white sugar, brown sugar and water together until well combined. About 2 minutes until silky.
- Fold through the flour, baking soda and dark chocolate. I used Lindt 70% which does not contain any dairy.
- Refrigerate the dough overnight, this will intensify the flavour! divide into 16 even balls, I like to freeze them for 10 minutes before baking. This helps them keep their structure.
- Bake at 180C for 11-12 minutes. Sprinkle sea salt if you’re feeling fancy!