Such a cute little idea for Valentines day, and super simple. Share these homemade pastries with your loved ones, prepare to fall in love with every delicious heart.
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with paper and set aside.
- Take the pastry out of the freezer and allow it to thaw slightly (You want it to be soft enough to cut out the heart shapes but still quite firm to then place the hearts onto the tray).
- Take the large heart-shaped cutter and cut out the hearts, placing them onto the prepared baking trays.
- Then take the smaller heart cutter and press lightly into the middle of each pastry heart, just enough to make an indent but not cut all the way through.
- Using a teaspoon, add a small amount of Raspberry Rhubarb Jam to the middle of the hearts, making sure not to overfill or go outside of the indented heart.
- Place a few slices of strawberry on top of the jam.
- Using olive oil, brush around the sides of the heart pastry and sprinkle over some coconut sugar. This ensures a nice crispy edge to the hearts when cooked.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden.
- Take out and dust with icing sugar and ENJOY!