This vibrant salad is the kind of healthy, happy, easy lunch that you’ll spend your whole morning looking forward to eating.
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Zest from half a lemon
- 1 1/2 cups dry couscous (this will yield around 3-4 cups when cooked)
- 2 tablespoons pepita seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Rich Glen Signature extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Rich Glen Basil Lime Thyme olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and cracked pepper, for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to180°C.
- In a heated pan, add the pepita seeds and sunflower seeds, along with ½ tablespoon of Rich Glen Signature EVOO and a generous sprinkle of salt flakes. Cook until the seeds turn golden, then set them aside.
- Take about three-quarters of a punnet of cherry tomatoes, cut them in half, and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of Rich Glen Signature EVOO, add half of the thyme sprigs, and season with salt flakes and cracked black pepper. Then, place the tray in the oven and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes become soft and juicy.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the packet and set it aside to cool.
- Once the couscous has cooled and the tomatoes are ready, take a large salad bowl and add the couscous, the remaining uncooked cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta, roasted seeds, thyme sprigs, a few fresh basil leaves, and lemon zest. Toss everything together to combine.
- Drizzle a generous amount of Rich Glen Basil Lime Thyme olive oil over the salad and serve.