Brighten up your breakfast with this Kiwi & Citrus Yogurt Bowl recipe. A delicious combo of native citrus and sweet kiwi on a creamy yogurt base. This recipe is as easy as it is refreshing, it's sure to make your mornings better.
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- 320g of plain yogurt (you can use Greek, plain, or even coconut to make it vegan)
- 2-3 kiwi fruits, chopped into cubes
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal or whole flaxseeds
- 2-3 tablespoons of Rich Glen Native Citrus Agrumato Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of pistachios
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- A sprinkle of chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray and add pistachios.
- In a small bowl, add the Maple Syrup & 2 Tbsp Rich Glen Native Citrus olive oil and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over pistachios and place them in the oven to cook for about 10-15 minutes until the nuts have caramelised. Then, take them out and set them aside to cool. Once cooled, roughly chop.
- To a blender or food processor, add the yogurt, 1 kiwi fruit, spinach leaves, flaxseed meal, 1 Tbsp Rich Glen Native Citrus Agrumato olive oil, and blend until well combined.
- Divide the yogurt into two bowls and top with the remaining kiwi fruit, sticky maple pistachios, a sprinkle of chia seeds, and another drizzle of Rich Glen Native Citrus Agrumato Oil. Enjoy this delightful, fresh gut and skin-loving breakfast!