January 07, 2021
The Best Fudgy GF Brownies
This fudgy chocolate brownie is not only delicious but also gluten free and high in both dietary fibre and protein.
The secret to the dense, chewy texture comes from using pumpkinseed flour as the base, instead of regular wheat flour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 26 serves
- 300gm dark chocolate
- 200ml RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 6 egg yolks (seperated into yolks and whites)
- 240gm pumpkinseed flour
- 250gm sugar (split into 2 bowls of 175gm and 75gm)
- 1 tsp muscat or vanilla escence
- Extra chocolate chunks for baking
- Pre-heat oven to 150C
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervels until completely melted. Add EVOO to the chocolate bowl and mix until well combined.
- In a seperate large mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and 175gm sugar, stir until combined. Add chocolate mix to the eggs/sugar and stir until combined. Finally add flour to the bowl and mix until forming a thick sticky mixture.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk egg whites untill forming a soft peak, then fold gently into the brownie mixture until all the whites are mixed in well.
- Pour batter into a brownie tin (approx 30cm x 15cm) lined with baking paper. Add in some extra chocolate chunks ontop of the brownie and push down with a spoon. (This gives the brownie gooey chocolate chunks throughout each bite... YUM!!)
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the middle is completely cooked through, test with a skewer or toothpick.
- Let cool in the tin for 15 minutes and serve with a scoop of creamy vanilla icecream, or cut up and keep in a container for 4-5 days.