This is truly the healthiest carrot cake that I’ve ever had. I make them into little muffins… They are absolutely scrumptious!Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 cups dark Brown Sugar
- 1 cup RG Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Almond Meal
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 3/4 cup Pecan, Walnuts or Pistachio pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Spray 9-inch springform tin or 12 muffin pan.
- In a mixer or Thermomix add the Brown Sugar, EVOO and Yogurt, beat until fully combined – about 60 seconds. Add the Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the Vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the self raising flour, Almond Meal, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Salt. With a spatula, manually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and all flour pockets are gone – do not overmix. Fold in the finely shredded Carrots and Nut pieces. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared springform pan or muffin tins.
- Bake cake for about 30 – 40 minutes.. remove and let it cool then top with icing sugar and serve.
- Store cake in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.