April 02, 2020
Spinach, Basil & Cashew Dip
I had a request from a friend of mine this morning to buy our yummo spinach dip from the RG Provedore but since we are closed I told Pam I would post it on social media so everyone can have a go at making it…
Basil is at its absolute best being in season at the moment. If you don’t have any maybe you could yell out to your neighbours' fence to see if they have any or put it out there on Facebook, someone kind may be able to pick some and leave it in a box in front of their house or something like that…
You need never buy another dip again… You can substitute the greens for beetroot or chickpeas… This is super easy and a great little snack for the kids as I know mine are eating me out of house and home… enjoy x
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 125gm Cream Cheese
- 3 cups Spinach (100gm)
- 1 cup fresh Basil Leaves (20gm)
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice (50ml)
- ½ cup RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) (125ml)
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt Flakes & Cracked Pepper
- 250gm roasted Cashew Nuts
- Extra… EVOO to seal in freshness
- Place the Garlic & Cheese into the food processor or Thermomix and blitz until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the Cashews and process until smooth.
- Add the Cashews and pulse briefly 3 - 4 times to achieve a chunky consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Scoop the dip into jars and top with olive oil so that the dip will last about 3 weeks in the fridge or simply scoop into a bowl and serve.