A perfect stuffing for a succulent Christmas turkey.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 ¾ hours
1. Pre-heat oven to 150C.
2. Lightly brown the onions in our EVOO.
3. Combine the herbs, RG Sticky Fig & Olive Jam, breadcrumbs, orange, olive oil and onion and season with salt & pepper.
4. Fill the turkey cavity with the stuffing mixture and truss the bird so the stuffing doesn’t come out.
5. Put the flour in an extra-large oven bag and shake, slide the turkey in and coat with the flour. Tie the end with kitchen string and pop in another oven bag, tie again.
6. Place turkey in roasting dish and bake for 2 ½ hours.
7. Remove from oven, cut the corner off of the bag, pour the juices in a jug, and place in fridge to ‘set’ the fat.
8. Allow turkey, still in the bag, to rest for up to 1 hour, breast side down.
9. Increase the oven temp to 180.
10. Remove the turkey from the bag and drizzle EVOO over it and return it to the oven for 10 minutes.
11. Once the fat has set for the turkey juices, discard the fat and pop the juices in a saucepan to boil with the RG Vercotto for about 10 minutes or until it’s reduced by half.
12. Serve the turkey with our Rich Glen Savoury Christmas Cranberry Jam, flavoursome au jus and some warm summer greens.