A perfect stuffing for a succulent Christmas turkey.Serves: 6-10
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 ¾ hours
- 1 Large Free Range Turkey
- A handful of Plain Flour
- Extra-large Oven Bags
- ¾ cup RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Brown Onion - Diced
- A few handfuls of Parsley, Rosemary, and Thyme - Chopped
- 4 cups of fresh White Bread Crumbs
- 160M Sticky Shiraz Olive Jam (1 jar)
- ½ cup Sticky Balsamic Reduction
- 1 Orange - Grated rind & juice
- Salt Flakes & Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 150C.
- Lightly brown the onions in our EVOO.
- Combine the herbs, RG Sticky Shiraz Olive Jam, breadcrumbs, orange, olive oil and onion and season with salt & pepper.
- Fill the turkey cavity with the stuffing mixture and truss the bird so the stuffing doesn’t come out.
- Put the flour in an extra-large oven bag and shake, slide the turkey in and coat with the flour. Tie the end with kitchen string and pop in another oven bag, tie again.
- Place turkey in a roasting dish and bake for 2 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven, cut the corner off of the bag, pour the juices in a jug, and place in the fridge to ‘set’ the fat.
- Allow turkey, still in the bag, to rest for up to 1 hour, breast side down.
- Increase the oven temp to 180.
- Remove the turkey from the bag and drizzle EVOO over it and return it to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the fat has set for the turkey juices, discard the fat and pop the juices in a saucepan to boil with the RG Sticky Balsamic for about 10 minutes or until it’s reduced by half.
- Serve the turkey with flavoursome au jus and some warm summer greens.