A perfect stuffing for a succulent Christmas turkey.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 2 ¾ hours
1. Pre-heat oven to 150C.
2. Lightly brown the onions in our EVOO.
3. Combine the herbs, RG Sticky Shiraz Olive Jam, breadcrumbs, orange, olive oil and onion and season with salt & pepper.
4. Fill the turkey cavity with the stuffing mixture and truss the bird so the stuffing doesn’t come out.
5. Put the flour in an extra-large oven bag and shake, slide the turkey in and coat with the flour. Tie the end with kitchen string and pop in another oven bag, tie again.
6. Place turkey in roasting dish and bake for 2 ½ hours.
7. Remove from oven, cut the corner off of the bag, pour the juices in a jug, and place in fridge to ‘set’ the fat.
8. Allow turkey, still in the bag, to rest for up to 1 hour, breast side down.
9. Increase the oven temp to 180.
10. Remove the turkey from the bag and drizzle EVOO over it and return it to the oven for 10 minutes.
11. Once the fat has set for the turkey juices, discard the fat and pop the juices in a saucepan to boil with the RG Vercotto for about 10 minutes or until it’s reduced by half.
12. Serve the turkey with flavoursome au jus and some warm summer greens.
If you are looking at this recipe on your mobile in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 1 Large Free Range Turkey
- A handful of Plain Flour
- Extra-large Oven Bags
- ¾ cup Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”)
- 1 Brown Onion - Diced
- A few handfuls of Parsley, Rosemary, and Thyme - Chopped
- 4 cups of fresh White Bread Crumbs
- 160M RG Sticky Shiraz Olive Jam (1 jar)
- ½ cup RG Vercotto
- 1 Orange - Grated rind & juice
Murray River Salt Flakes & Cracked Black Pepper to taste