A great salad, recipe when you have pumpkins in abundance in autumn & winter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 250C.
2. Roast pumpkin on baking tray sprinkled with EVOO, a ½ cup of verjuice, salt and pepper in a (high) 250C oven for 20 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
3. While pumpkin is roasting toast pumpkin seeds on a separate baking tray.
4. Spread rocket leaves on flat platter and top with roasted pumpkin chunks.
5. Blend ½ cup verjuice and ½ cup EVOO and verjuice and immediately drizzle over pumpkin chunks and rocket.
6. Scatter 2 tablespoons of toasted pumpkin seeds over salad and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
If you are looking at this recipe on a mobile device in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 500gm pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 60gm bag of Rocket
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”)
- 1 cup Verjuice/Verjus
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds toasted