August 11, 2017
Roasted Pumpkin on Rocket Salad
A great salad, recipe when you have pumpkins in abundance in autumn & winter.Serves: 4-6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 250C.
- Roast pumpkin on baking tray sprinkled with EVOO, a ½ cup of verjuice, salt and pepper in a (high) 250C oven for 20 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- While pumpkin is roasting toast pumpkin seeds on a separate baking tray.
- Spread rocket leaves on flat platter and top with roasted pumpkin chunks.
- Blend ½ cup verjuice and ½ cup EVOO and verjuice and immediately drizzle over pumpkin chunks and rocket.
- Scatter 2 tablespoons of toasted pumpkin seeds over salad and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.