A great salad, recipe when you have pumpkins in abundance in autumn & winter.Serves: 4-6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 500gm pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 60gm bag of Rocket
- 1 cup RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup Verjus
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Pinch of Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds toasted
- Preheat oven to 250C.
- Roast pumpkin on baking tray sprinkled with EVOO, a ½ cup of verjus, salt and pepper in a (high) 250C oven for 20 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- While pumpkin is roasting toast pumpkin seeds on a separate baking tray.
- Spread rocket leaves on flat platter and top with roasted pumpkin chunks.
- Blend ½ cup verjus and ½ cup EVOO and Verjus and immediately drizzle over pumpkin chunks and rocket.
- Scatter 2 tablespoons of toasted pumpkin seeds over salad and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.