After the perfect side dish for Christmas? Try these roasted honey carrots scattered with almonds and cranberries. A festive favourite!
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition
- 2 bunches of carrots, with leaves chopped off and halved
- 2 tablespoons of Rich Glen Sticky Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons of Rich Glen Olive Blossom Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Rich Glen Signature extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- A pinch of Rich Glen River Salt, for seasoning
- ½ cup of flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line two trays with baking paper and place the carrots on them. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add Rich Glen Sticky Balsamic, Rich Glen Olive Blossom Honey, Rich Glen Signature extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and thyme. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the carrots and, using a pastry brush, coat the carrots in the balsamic mixture.
- Place them in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until tender and starting to crisp at the ends.
- While the carrots are cooking, lightly toast the flaked almonds in a heated pan for 2-3 minutes until golden. Then, set them aside to cool.
- Also, while the carrots are cooking, in a small bowl, add the dried cranberries and cover them with boiling water for 10 minutes to allow them to plump up. Drain, then set aside to cool.
- Once the carrots are cooked, arrange them on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle a pinch of Rich Glen River Salt to season, then top with almonds and cranberries.