We are loving Brussel sprouts at the moment! There's so many delicious ways to prepare them—roasting, grilling, deep frying... But, one of our favourite ways to prepare the famous sprouts is in a fresh salad. Tossed with a combo of kale, bacon, and pecans, this is the best holiday side for any get-together, most especially your fancy dinner. Enjoy!
Recipe developed by Ros Vodusek & Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition
- 400-500g Brussels Sprouts, shaved finely
- ½ Bunch of Kale, stalks removed and finely chopped
- 1 Cos Heart Lettuce, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of Rich Glen Zesty Lemon Lime Dressing
- 8 Slices of Short-Cut bacon, sliced into medium pieces
- ¾ Cup of Pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of pure Maple Syrup or Rich Glen Olive Blossom Honey
- In a large salad bowl, add the Brussels Sprouts, kale, and lettuce.
- Pour a generous amount of Rich Glen Zesty Lemon Lime Dressing over the ingredients and toss to combine. Then, set the salad aside in the fridge.
- In a pan on medium to high heat, add the bacon and cook until it's slightly crispy. Then, add the pecans and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the pecans turn golden.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the maple syrup or honey, and cook for 1-2 minutes on low heat. Then, turn off the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Add the bacon and pecans to the Brussels Sprouts salad, toss to combine, and serve immediately.