Olive Blossom Honey Polenta Cake
Put our honey and EVOO to good use in this tasty rosemary & yogurt polenta cake.Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 8-12 slices
- 100 ml RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 200 gm Olive Blossom Honey
- 3 Eggs, medium farm fresh
- 2 Tbsp. Orange Juice
- 100 gm Greek Yogurt
- 100 gm Flour, self-raising
- 130 gm Polenta
- 60 ml Orange Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Blossom Honey
- 2 Rosemary sprigs
- Grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C /160˚C fan/gas.
- Put the olive oil, honey, eggs, orange juice, Greek yogurt, self-raising flour, and polenta in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the cake tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the middle comes out clean. Cover the top with foil if it starts to brown too quickly.
- Take the cake out of the oven and leave to cool.
- Heat the orange juice with honey and fresh rosemary in a small pan until just warm.
- After the cake has cooled for 10 minutes, poke holes all over the top with a skewer, then pour the syrup over.
- Cool cake in the tin, then remove and serve with cream or ice cream.