September 03, 2018
Banana Bread w/ Olive Blossom Honey
Moist, delicious and easy to make! Serve slightly warm and toasted and top with delicious olive spread.Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Bake Time: 45-60 minutes
Servings: 10 Slices (1 Loaf)
- 300 GM Ripe Banana
- 3 Free Range Farm Fresh Eggs
- 60 GM Olive Blossom Honey
- 60 ML RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 200 GM Almond Meal
- 25 GM Linseed ground
- Preheat your oven to 160˚C Fan Forced.
- Combine mashed banana, honey, EVOO, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, baking soda and lemon. You can do this by hand in a large bowl or with a good blender such as a Vitamix.
- Add the almond meal and linseed and mix well.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin (11cm wide x 25.5cm long) and then coat liberally with extra almond meal or desisted coconut - this will prevent the bread from sticking.
- Spoon mixture into the tin and bake for 45-60 minutes. A skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry.
- Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf.
- Keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week.