A super simple no bake Gingernut & Chocolate Slice. Even the kids will love helping to make this one! Bring these along to your Christmas day festivities!
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition
- ½ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Hazelnut Butter (You can use any nut butter you like or a full cup of peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Rich Glen Olive Blossom Honey
- 1 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 2 Cups Puffed Rice/Quinoa
- ¼ Cup Gingernut Snap Biscuits, crushed finely
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Hazelnut Butter (or any nut butter you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp Rich Glen Orange Citrus Zest Oil
- Gingernut Snap Biscuits, roughly chopped into small pieces to crumble on top
- Rich Glen MV Chocolates, find them in store, some chopped in halves, some left whole
Line a square slice tin (approx. 15x15) and set it aside.
To make the base - using a large bowl, add the nut butters, coconut oil, and honey. Stir to combine.
Then add the hemp seeds, puffed rice, and fold through to combine.
Pour the mixture into the slice tin and place it in the fridge while you make the topping.
To a medium bowl, add the dark chocolate, nut butter, and orange oil. Melt using a double boiler, stirring until combined.
Pour the chocolate over the base and top with gingernut snap biscuits & MV chocolates. Place it into the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2 hours to allow it to set completely.
Cut into slices and enjoy!