Love this quick little salad that is packed with fibre and healthy heart foods… Enjoy
1. Microwave Corn in a glass bowl covered with a paper towel for 4 minutes.
2. Make the dressing. Whisk the EVOO, White Balsamic Vinegar, Sugar and Pepper together in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Cut kernels from the warm corn cobs. Add to dressing and stir to coat. Set aside.
4. Add the Tomato, Avocado, Chickpeas and Rocket or Spinach. Toss gently to coat.
5. You can add Tuna or shredded Chicken, or simply enjoy on its own.
If you are looking at this recipe on a mobile device in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 4 Fresh cobs of Corn
- 100ml RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp castor Sugar
- fresh cracked Pepper
- 1 large home-grown Tomato, chopped
- 400 gm tin Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100 gm baby Rocket or Spinach or a mix
- 1 Avocado, chopped and drizzled with a squeeze of lemon