April 14, 2020
Healthy Corn Salad
Love this quick little salad that is packed with fibre and healthy heart foods… Enjoy
- 4 Fresh cobs of Corn
- 100ml RG Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Chardonnay
- 1 tsp castor Sugar
- fresh cracked Pepper
- 1 large home-grown Tomato, chopped
- 400 gm tin Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100 gm baby Rocket or Spinach or a mix
- 1 Avocado, chopped and drizzled with a squeeze of lemon
- Microwave Corn in a glass bowl covered with a paper towel for 4 minutes.
- Make the dressing. Whisk the EVOO, White Balsamic Vinegar, Sugar and Pepper together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut kernels from the warm corn cobs. Add to dressing and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Add the Tomato, Avocado, Chickpeas and Rocket or Spinach. Toss gently to coat.
- You can add Tuna or shredded Chicken, or simply enjoy on its own.