A healthy risotto dish with chicken, mushrooms and baby spinach. It’s very easy to make and exceptionally tasty.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1. Rub Rosemary Salt Rub and EVOO on the chicken thighs.
2. Bring the stock to a simmer.
3. Grill the chicken thighs on the barbie or grill pan till just about cooked then remove and let cool.
4. In a heavy based pan add a tablespoon of EVOO and cook the onion and garlic until translucent.
5. Once ready add the rice and stir to coat the rice in EVOO.
6. Then add a cup of the hot chicken stock. Stir till it is all absorbed. Then add another cup at a time and repeat till it is all absorbed.
7. Once the last cup is absorbed cut the grilled chicken into bite size pieces and add to the pot and stir in the mushrooms, spinach leaves and half of the Parmesan cheese.
8.Heat through and just before you are ready to serve crack the egg in a bowl and slightly whisk. Add to the risotto to add a nice gloss.
9. Season with cracked pepper and salt to taste.
10. Serve garnished with some fresh parsley leaves, topped with more Parmesan and drizzle with some EVOO of course.
If you are looking at this recipe on your mobile in vertical view, please swipe to the left to see the ingredients.
- 450 GM Chicken Thighs
- ½ tsp. Rosemary Salt Rub per thigh
- 4 cups Chicken Stock, Gluten Free Brand
- Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 50 ML Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 cups of Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 x Free Range Farm Fresh Egg
Salt Flakes & Ground Pepper to taste
- Parsley, small bunch