The softest, richest chocolate cake you'll ever have is this right here! Topped with a silky most luxurious chocolate ganache.
Recipe by Hoda Alzubaidi
- 320g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 600g sugar
- 110g cocoa
- 350ml buttermilk OR full cream milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 350ml hot coffee
- 255g chocolate chips
- 85g unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 250g sugar
- 300ml heavy cream
- In a large bowl whisk all the dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk, olive oil and eggs, which until smooth, pour in the hot coffee and whisk.
- Evenly pour into 3x 20cm cake tins
- Make the ganache by combining sugar and cream in a saucepan, bring it to a simmer or microwave it until hot.
- Pour over chocolate, butter, vanilla and salt, let it sit for 2 minutes before stirring with a spatula. Refrigerate for 3 hours to thicken.
- Pour ganache evenly between the cakes and cover the cake evenly and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight!