Something magical happens to pumpkin when you roast it. It intensifies the sweetness and caramelises beautifully. This gorgeous roasted pumpkin salad will be the star of your Christmas day feast. Featuring creamy goat's cheese, crunchy walnuts, and a drizzle of our Fiery Chilli oil. Yum!
Recipe developed by Mel, Thrive Wholesome Nutrition.
- ½ large Kent pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 4 large handfuls of rocket leaves
- ½ bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch of dill, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- ¾ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g goat's cheese (or soft feta if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp Rich Glen Agrumato Fiery Chilli Oil
- 1 tbsp Rich Glen Signature extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line 2 baking trays with paper and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the Rich Glen Agrumato Fiery Chilli Oil, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, and the paprika, and set it aside.
- Place the chopped pumpkin wedges onto the lined baking trays and brush them with the Chilli Oil Mixture, turning the pumpkin over and brushing the other side.
- Place them in the oven to cook for about 20-25 minutes, until the pumpkin is just tender but crispy on the edges.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, add the parsley, dill, and chilli to a bowl. Drizzle with the Rich Glen Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and toss to combine, then set it aside.
- In a heated pan, toast the walnuts lightly. Then, add the other 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and cook for about 2 minutes until the walnuts start to become sticky. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool slightly.
- To plate the dish, take a large serving or salad plate and add the rocket as the base.
- Layer the pumpkin wedges over the rocket.
- Top with the herbs and chilli oil, sprinkle over the maple walnut nuts, then add the goat's cheese and serve.